The Paper Variety...Vellum Votive's Tutorial

The Paper Variety...Vellum Votive's Tutorial: I'm posting a tutorial today for The Paper Variety  on how to decorate votive candles with vellum.

I came up with  a few candle designs  that could be used as decorations for a wedding's, baby showers, garden parties or as home decor.



Here's the supplies I used:

Various clear votive candle holders
Score Board
Colored Vellum
Double Sided Tape
Decorative Stamps and ink
Border punch
Liquid Pearls
Ribbon & Jute Twine
Embossing folder




To decorate the large candle, I stamped two pieces of 4 x 11 inch vellum with decorative stamps.


I then scored the vellum at 1/2 inches and adhered the two pieces together like you would to make a rosette. Use double sided tape to adhere the vellum around the candle.

.
Another way to decorate a votive is to use a border punch along a strip of vellum.


You can embellish your votive's anyway your like. I added some liquid pearls and a ribbon bow around one and then added some white vellum flowers cut from Flower Shoppe to another.



Another way to decorate a votive is to use embossed vellum.


I embossed 4- 2 1/2 inch squares of vellum and then adhered them to the sides of the votive.


I hope this vellum candle idea inspires you to brighten up your day or nights !

Thanks for looking!

Linking with:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt/ And other Zipper Crafts Zipper crafts

Grandmas Blankets