Beautiful Handmade Flower Wreath

Get Growing: Happy Tuesday!  Today is Pippin's birthday so Happy Birthday to my Dachshund Pippin!!!!  I will dedicate today's challenge to him.  Over at Krafty Girls we are having a new challenge.  The challenge is to create a scrapbook page, card, 3D item, or home decor item using a handmade flower.  Let me tell you, my project definitely has a handmade flower, try close to 200 handmade flowers.

I have been wanting to create a wreath with rolled roses since November.  I had all the supplies, but never got around to doing it.  This challenge was the perfect excuse to get this project complete.  It took me about a week to complete this wreath from start to finish.  There are close to 200 rolled roses on this wreath, all handmade by yours truly.

Here's a close up of the roses.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to create the roses.  I also used my Image to print my own pattern paper.  I knew that I would need tons of sheets, it took about twenty 12x12 sheets of paper to complete this wreath and I was able to use all the same pattern paper thanks to my Imagine.

I had a lot of fun creating this project, but my finger tips need a break from pushing in all of those stick pins to hold the flowers down.  I can't wait to see what you all come up with.  So make sure to head on over to Krafty Girls for some more flower inspiration.  Also, if you're interested, there is a video on how I made these rolled roses at the end of this post.

Challenges
Paper Playtime: Die Cuts with Flowers
Whimsy Stamps: No Sentiment
All Sorts: Say it with Flowers




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt/ And other Zipper Crafts Zipper crafts

Grandmas Blankets